The 2022 National Tourism Careers Expo (NTCE) is a collaborative effort between the Department of Tourism, the Culture Arts, Tourism, Hospitality & Sport Education Training Authority (CATHSSETA), and the Gauteng Department of Economic Development that is represented by the Gauteng Tourism Authority (GTA).
Aimed at grade 9 – 12 learners, TVET and University Student, and unemployed graduates, the NTCE provides an opportunity for information sharing among tourism curricula experts and stakeholders – with educators and learners on the diverse careers available in the sector.
Since inception in 2008, the NTCE continues to draw thousands of learners and educators from across the country to a three-day showcase of tourism careers and opportunities. The 2022 event will take place at the Johannesburg Expo centre in Nasrec from 30 September to 02 October.
Themed – Rethink Tourism: Career Opportunities Await, the expo will seek to inspire and uplift young people to think outside the box and pursue sustainable livelihoods in tourism through innovation, entrepreneurship and government led programmes.
NTCE 2022 HIGHLIGHTS
The 2022 NTCE will include motivational talks by leading local tourism entrepreneurs and personalities, tourism educator seminars, exhibitions by local tourism products and related services. It will also feature the following live engagements:
- The Chef’s Corner: youth interested in a culinary career will be enthralled by a cook-off by graduates of the National Youth Chefs Training Programme facilitated by the South African Chefs Association (SA Chefs).
- Mixology Corner: The Mixology Corner will bring the art of creating fun, enjoyable beverages to life. Mixology, the skill of mixing various drinks and ingredients to create cocktails, is a special craft that is growing in popularity worldwide.
- Hospitality Corner: The Hospitality Corner will offer insight into the diverse range of careers from hotel and event management, to casino directors.
- Conservation Corner: Nature conservation has a direct impact on the future sustainability of tourism. Youth interested in nature and tourism will gain insight on how to join this industry.
- Virtual Classroom & Recruitment Arena: Job seekers and potential employers can meet and engage on aspects that relate to Job hunting, the crafting of Curriculum Vitae (CV), and top tips to prepare for interviews.
- Educators’ Seminar: This segment will bring educators together to interact with speakers from various institutions, industry bodies, and organisations.
Visit www.tourismcareersexpo.co.za to register to attend the 2022 NTCE