The objectives of the Skills Development Act Number 97 of 1998, as amended, are to facilitate skills development for previously disadvantaged individuals in order to grow the economy of South Africa.
This mandate is fulfilled through the disbursements of funds for skills development in accordance with SETA Grant regulations.
CATHSSETA receives funds from levy-paying employers within its sub. These funds are disbursed as follows:
- 20% is allocated to the NSF.
- 10% is allocated to SETAs for administrative purposes.
- 20% is allocated to mandatory grants.
- 49.5% is allocated to discretionary grants.
- 0.5% is allocated to the Quality Council for Trades and Occupations.